Hopkins County, Kentucky


David "Davie" Hunter (1782-1858)

Born - 1782 North Carolina
Married - 1808 Hopkins County, Kentucky
Died - 1858 Hopkins County, Kentucky

Brewer Connection~
Daughter, Mary America Hunter (1814-1890) married John Wesley Brewer (1816-1863), son of Jacob Fletcher Brewer (1794-1862/5) and Edeith "Eda" Crocker (1794-1865)

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF DAVID HUNTER (1782-1858)

Written 23 Apr 1858
Proved 18 Nov 1858
Hopkins County Will Book 9
Wife - Martha
Married children - Nelly Kennedy, Nancy Sisk, Jane Kennedy, America Brewer, Mahulday S W Clark
Last set of children - William, thomas, Susan Catherine, and James Washington
Property - money, real and personal estate

In the name of God Amen, I, David Hunter, of the county of Hopkins and commonwealth of Kentucky being old & feeble in body but of sound and disparing mind and memory & knowing that it is appointed for all me to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament.

First in consideration of what I have heretofore given to my first set of children viz Nelly Kennedy late Hunter, Nancy Sisk late Hunter, Jane Kennedy late Hunter, America Brewer late Hunter, Mahulday S W Clark late Hunter who are all grown & doing for themselves I give and bequeath one dollar cash to be paid out of my estate sum after all my just debts are paid.

I give and bequeath to my dear wife Martha Hunter for her use and benefit of my last set of children viz William Thomas, Susan Catharine, James Washington during her life or widowhood all the balance of my estate both real and personal or mixed. In case she the said Martha Hunter should marry again or at her death then all of said property so devised to her to be equally divided amongst the said last set of children above named. In testimony whereof I have this day hereunto set my hand this 23rd day of April 1858.


David Hunter
Attest B. S. Riley
           J. F. Price

No comments:

Post a Comment