Letter from Elizabeth Aletha Lightle, 1886


  • Lightle, Elizabeth Aletha (1874-1832) *daughter of Nancy Lucinda Brewer Lightle
Elizabeth Aletha Lightle was born 28 Feb 1874 in Belleville, Republic County, Kansas. At the time of this letter to her father, she was 12 years old. He was away working. It seems that times were hard at that time.   
Image Source - Ellen Britton
Bellville, Kansas
April 24, 1886 
Dear Paw, it is with pleasure I seat my self to rite you a few lines to let you know that we are all well and hope these few lines will reach and find you the same. Well Paw I would like to see you and bee down there.Tell Grandmaw and all of Uncle Freeman’s folks I would like to see them. Well Paw I was glad to hear about our little calfs. Old Maggie has got a bull. Well Paw I haven’t went to eny dance since you left here and I don’t know as you will go to another one and I haven’t plaid nery game of cards since you rote and told us to quit playing cards. Well Paw Will says tell you he had got a new wollen hat. Well Paw you told us to kiss the children for you. I kissed Cord and run after Meryetty and … Willie all over the place but never got to kiss them. Well mee and Malinda haven’t got but one washing since wee have been to town. I got a chance to stay away from home for a doller a week. Mee and Malinda scrubbed all day. Mr. Harlin has bought Wins Sandesplace. Cordie say Paw is going to come home pretty soon and bring her some candy. Well Paw if you see Isabell and Nancy High tell them to rite. Well I can’t think of eny thing else sow I guess I will quit for this time. Asking you to rite soon. 
From Elizzie Beth Lightle to Henry Lightle

No comments:

Post a Comment